Buzzfeed came out with the “50 Hottest Male Indie Musicians” a few days ago and I couldn’t help but disagree with a majority of it. Their list felt like the author just scrolled through Pitchfork, picked random bands, and then chose members out of a hat. Well we took it upon ourselves to right this travesty of a wrong and create our own list of the 50 hottest male musicians. And once you get to number one, you’ll surely agree with our picks.
49. Ty Segall
48. Aaron Dessner – The National
47. Igor Haefeli – Daughter
46. Dave Garwacke – Laura Stevenson & The Cans
45. Jack Tatum – Wild Nothing
44. Jonas Bjerre – Mew
43. Steven Lindenfelser – Pacific Air
42. Jordi Davieson – San Cisco
41. Ernest Greene – Washed Out
40. Stuart McLamb – The Love Language
Pictured as the first person from the right in all his scruffy glory. Photo: Wendy Lynch Redfern.
39. Alister Wright – Cloud Control
Pictured as the second person from the left.
38. Matthew Shapiro & Stephen Kemp – Young Galaxy
Pictured as the first two from the left. These two are adorable.
37. Andy Hurley – Fall Out Boy
Obviously not indie but if you’ve ever heard Andy Hurley speak, your heart will just melt. Watch this video in which Fall Out Boy discuss “Death Valley” for instance, because Andy brings joy to Patrick Stump and Joe Trohman without even trying.
36. Juan Pieczanski – Small Black
Pictured as the second person from the left. Watcha looking at Juan?
35. Stelth Ulvang – The Lumineers
This talented multi-instrumentalist is absolutely precious. Especially when he stands on top of pianos during performances. He’s pictured as the first person from the left. And below is an artsy photo of Ulvang.
34. Aman Ellis – The Denzels
33. Joe Luisi – a house for lions
Pictured as the first person from the right. Here’s another photo to tickle your fancy.
32. Jakob Millung – Choir of Young Believers
Pictured as the first person from the left.
31. Craig Bowers – Weird Dreams
Photo: Pal Hansen.
30. Jamie Lidell
29. Louis Vecchio – New Politics
28. Mike & Keith Jeffery – Atlas Genius
How dare you forget Mike Buzzfeed. Photo: Chona Kasinger.
27. Rian Dawson – All Time Low
Not indie but Rian recently decided to grow out his hair and I had to commend him for the wise decision. Photo: Adam Elmakias.
26. Jon Philpot – Bear In Heaven
Don’t fancy facial hair? Or maybe you like a little bit of scruff? Well we’ve got both options for you here! Photo: Tommy Kearns.
25. Julien Barbagallo – Tame Impala
Photo: Tommy Kearns.
24. Kellin Quinn – Sleeping With Sirens
Not indie, but still beautiful. Photo: Adam Elmakias.
23. Leon Beck – Fanfarlo
Pictured as the second person from the left.
22. Airick Woodhead – Doldrums
21. Mark Pontius – Foster The People
20. The Strokes
Julian Casablancas is great but let’s not forget the rest of the Strokes who are total lookers. Common courtesy.
19. Dabney Morris – Wild Cub
Pictured as the first person on the left. Not only is Dabney a great drummer, he’s also a talented photographer.
18. Charlie Fink – Noah and the Whale
I’m sorry but anyone with eyes should be able to see that the entirety of Phoenix is adorable. I mean, look at Branco and his stylish threads! Or Christian Mazzalai? Have you ever heard the man speak? *swoon* And let’s not forget to mention that Thomas Mars and Christian stick their band passes to the insides of their jackets. I spot a blue Bowery Presents sticker amongst the mess. Reppin’ NYC. Photo: Tommy Kearns.
16. Andrew Belle
I love him and he was just featured in the New York Times because he’s amazingly talented as well.
15. Alex Turner – Arctic Monkeys
I didn’t know what Alex Turner looked like until this year when the Arctic Monkeys buzz wave started again but there’s no denying that he belongs on this list.
14. Kyle Simmons – Bastille
And here’s a photo of Kyle being adorable with Dan Smith of Bastille.
13. The Black Keys
Other than Nutella and pretzels, the Black Keys are the greatest duo to ever exist.
12. Thomas Fekete – Surfer Blood
He’s wearing a sweater with a ghost on it and posing with kangaroos. You couldn’t fight me on this even if you tried.
11. Jack Bevan – Foals
BUT THOSE DIMPLES. Sorry Yannis, I love your stage antics but Jack’s got this one totally in the bag. Plus he’s precious in this interview.
10. Anthony Gonzalez – M83
9. Michael Angelakos – Passion Pit
8. Javier Suarez – Craft Spells
Pictured as the second person from the left. Javier’s just staring into your soul in this photo.
7. Chris Bear – Grizzly Bear
Pictured as the last man on the right. Ed Droste, you’re funny and make great Vine videos but Chris takes the cake on this one.
6. Clay Violand – ex-Wild Nothing
Pictured as the third man from the left.
4. Taylor Rice – Local Natives
I mean, have you ever heard the man harmonize with Kelcey Ayer and Ryan Hahn?! Plus, he’s pretending to be a deer in this photo. Dead.
3. Chris Tomson – Vampire Weekend
Hey Buzzfeed, I see your Ezra Koenig and raise you a Chris Tomson. Photo: Chona Kasinger.
2. Dan Smith – Bastille
And here’s Dan Smith laughing. Thank you Tumblr for making this gif a reality.
1. Ryan Gosling & Zach Shields – Dead Man’s Bones
I take this as the greatest offense Buzzfeed could ever do. It’s no secret that Buzzfeed loves Ryan. What sensible person doesn’t? The man is purely lovable. Which is why I was appalled that Louis Peitzman failed to include RyGos and his equally beautiful Dead Man’s Bones partner, Zach Shields.
Have anything to say for yourself Louis?
No? I thought so.
Dear Louis Peitzman,