When I was first researching succulent propagation, I learned that the process was very slow but I was undeterred and went ahead in propagating over 100 leaves. Why did I go so extreme with the succulent propagation, you might ask? Well, that answer is simple. When I get a new interest, I become obsessed and put in 110%. It becomes all I think about and all that I do for a period of time. For example, I would become so excited when it rained because that meant collecting rainfall for my plants. (I'm craaaazy!) So around this time last year, I wiggled the leaves off my many succulent plants and propagated those little suckers. In my mind, I thought it was so cost effective to turn one $3 plant into over 20 plants through propagation.
And here we are, one year later and the Echeveria lilacina leaves I propagated are still very small. They're pictured above and there are close-ups in the images below and boy, did it take a long time to get to that size. Granted, I could have put my propagated leaves in a better location for more sunlight because my bedroom receives less sunlight than other areas of my house but I wanted my little plant experimentation to be within reach at all times. Every now and then, I'd water them but I mostly let them do their thing. I went about my business, focusing on school, work, and would tend to my plants when I had time. Succulents are resilient little guys and they do just fine if I'm busy.
While the growth of these plants may not seem substantial, it's still pretty cool to see how they've grown nonetheless. An entirely new plant is growing from these leaves and I find that to be endlessly fascinating. So here's my one year update with my little guys.